DU SKAL VÆRE LOGGET IND, FOR AT INTERAGERE PÅ DENNE SIDE

Programming in C++

Side 1 ud af 1 (5 indlæg)
Tilmeldt 5. Apr 11
Indlæg ialt: 15
Skrevet kl. 20:50
Hvor mange stjerner giver du? :

Hi all

Looking to get some guidance on programming in C++. Have come to believe that a certain application I am considering is best programmed C++, but I have no knowledge of the language. 

So, looking for a C++ knowledgeable programmer who I can quiz for 10-15min.

Anybody who can help - it would be highly appreciated.

Best regards

M

Tilmeldt 24. Jan 08
Indlæg ialt: 26
Skrevet kl. 03:34

What kind of application are you looking to make?

If you are a beginner I would advice you to look at C# or Java instead.

Only if performance is the number one priority from the start I would consider using C++.

Tilmeldt 5. Apr 11
Skrevet kl. 08:08

Looking to programme an Instant Message application, that operates as a stand alone client (not within a browser, but similar to Microsoft Messenger).

Fra København
Tilmeldt 25. Feb 09
Indlæg ialt: 175
Fra  BitMasch Skrevet kl. 08:26
Gennemsnit 5,0 stjerner givet af 1 person

Why do you think an instant messaging (IM) application is best coded in C++ as opposed to some other programming language? Do you have any special requirements for the app? What platforms does it have to run on, windows(xp, vista, 7, 8), linux, ios, android, etc?

If you want some inspiration for an IM app, take a look at pidgin.

Softwareudvikler med speciale indenfor skalerbare webløsninger. PHP, MySQL, Puppet, Python, Apache, nginx, HTML5, m.m.
http://bitmasch.com/

Tilmeldt 5. Apr 11
Skrevet kl. 15:54

For no particular reason....have little experience with programming so I'm looking for input, hence my question.

It is very likely that the app could just as well be programmed in Java or something.

It should be possible to run the app/programme across platforms, i.e. Mac, PC, iPhone Andriod etc.

I am checked out Pidgin. It is too complex. I am looking for something that is much more simple, and best suited for group talks, actually I am only interested in group talks.

Have not been able to find anything that is really simple, easy to install, sign up and get going. If you are familar with such an app/programme, do let me know.

M

Side 1 ud af 1 (5 indlæg)